Monday, April 22, 2013
Featured by USGS a member of the U.S. Global Change Research Program
In recognition of Earth Day 2013, the USGS is highlighting examples of climate change impacts to a variety of places and people across the globe. Check out the "Climate Connections" video series to see how USGS scientists are engaging in conversations and addressing climate change questions from across the nation.
America has questions about climate change, and the USGS is providing answers through a video series called, Climate Connections. There are currently six locations featured in the series: Colorado, the District of Columbia, Glacier National Park, Puerto Rico, and North and South Carolina. Hyperlinks to the videos and details to each episode are provided below.
- How is Colorado affected by climate change and how can I learn more?
- Were the wildfires this past summer related to climate change?
- Do the bark beetles infesting trees have anything to do with climate change?
- How does the ocean change the climate, and vice versa?
- If you could tell the public one thing about climate change, what would it be?
- Does climate change impact humans or animals more?
- How will climate change affect D.C.?
- When did climate change begin?
- When I come back in ten years, what will I see in Glacier National Park?
- How is climate change impacting the glaciers?
- Does all the snow we received this winter help the glaciers?
- How do receding glaciers and climate change affect the local economy in terms of recreation, agriculture, tourism?
- Why has the rainy season been so long in Puerto Rico?
- How is global warming impacting the island of Puerto Rico?
- What are solar storms and are they related to climate change?
- Will we see polar bears on the island of Puerto Rico?
- How does climate change affect the coast and where can I learn more?
- What are scientists currently doing in regards to rivers and streams?
- Does planting trees impact climate change?
- What do we know now that we didn’t know in the 1970s?
- Do all scientists agree that climate change is occurring?
- Could climate change impact fishing?
- Will the climate change abruptly or slowly over time?
- What is geothermal energy and how does it impact the climate?